2.13.2011

I Get By with a Little Help from My Friends

Honestly, what's been keeping me sane during my weeks without Troy are my girlfriends. I'm so fortunate to have such a wonderful group of ladies that I can count on and I'm glad that we've been able to get together once a week. It's really helped me get through my first month of flying solo. I'm not sure it's helped my wallet or my waistline, but eh, that's what jobs and gyms are for!

Needless to say, most of our get togethers have been over lovely meals. And in addition to the great company, I've also had the opportunity to try a number of new restaurants in the area. Good friends + good food = GREAT night. I love that Cleveland has such an amazing restaurant scene. But out of all our meals, my favorite has to be the delicious dogs at Happy Dog.

We met at Happy Dog on a Thursday night after work, before heading to an event for our lovely friend Lauren. I think what I love the most about Happy Dog is that for $5, you can have a juicy hot dog, on a fresh bun with as many toppings as you like, no questions asked. I went with the sausage, topped with house made ketchup. bourbon baked beans, smoked gouda and blue cheese coleslaw. I know it seems like a lot, but it was so tasty. Add some tator tots with an array of dipping sauces, and call it a night!

Oh Happy Dog...You make me happy :)

But regardless of where we are or what we're eating, all that matters is that I'm with some of my favorite people in the world.

No comments:

Post a Comment