2.07.2011

Weekend Wedding Wrap Up

Troy was home for the weekend so you know what that meant -- time to do some wedding planning!  So on Saturday morning we set out, I withdrew some cash money from my wedding fund *sigh* and we hit the ground running.

The main stop on our agenda (after a little gratuitous shopping) was the Flower Factory.  If you don't know what Flower Factory is, think of it as a dollar and craft store the size of a Costco.  It's cheap, has pretty much anything you could imagine, and best of all, the store is closing meaning this weekend... an extra 15% off.

After meeting with our florist, we decided to assemble one of the centerpiece options on our own.  So I wanted to hit up the Flower Factory for some inspiration and/or to find materials.  The centerpieces have been the biggest point of contention in this entire wedding planning process.  Dress? Easy. Venue? Donzo. Food? No arguments.  But centerpieces?  Kill. Me. Now.  Especially since my mother hates flowers ("what a waste of money") AND candles ("they make me nervous").  GREAT.

To be fair, I've been extremely indecisive too.  But lately, our two non-floral front runners are:

Beaded candle holders
Pewter lanterns

I know what you're thinking: both of those incorporate candles, duh.  Here's the kicker; they get the Kim seal of approval because flame is contained.  To my delight, we're in the clear!  This might actually be the end of the great centerpiece debate!

Sadly Flower Factory had NOTHING similar, so we're going to order one of these items from a garden wholesaler (www.jamaligarden.com to be exact).

On the bright side, I was able to score a great deal on 216 bottles of bubbles (what's a wedding without bubbles?), 100 traditional and classic ivory thank you notes and 12 cube vases the florist needs for my peony centerpieces.  A whole cartful of stuff and only $98 later, we were done.  To all my fellow brides -- or anyone planning a major party -- get thee to a Flower Factory. And stat.

No comments:

Post a Comment