3.13.2011

Party Time. Excellent.

Well the fun is finally upon us! After two years of thinking about the wedding and all of the fun leading up to it, it's finally time to get this party started. My first bridal shower and my bachelorette party are this Saturday and I couldn't be more excited. I am so thankful to have such a great group of family members and friends who have been planning these events.

I'm really looking forward to the shower because it's going to be a brunch and hey, who doesn't love brunch? When my mom said she was forgoing the traditional lunch shower, I thought "Hallelujah because I HATE lunch." It's my least favorite meal of the day.  But breakfast?  I could nom on some pancakes three squares a day, 365 days a year. Plus I really feel blessed that she wanted to do something tailored to my likes and that she's put so much care and meticulous thought into this special day. So if you're joining us on Saturday, bring your appetite and saddle in for a great time. Oh, and did I fail to mention there's going to be a DONUT CAKE.  I think that deserves an all caps shout out (see pic below to start the drooling five days early).



After stuffing my face all day, I'll be squeezing into a teensy dress and painting the town red with my favorite people. At first, I thought I really wanted to go big for the bachelorette party with a getaway to a warm location for an entire weekend of fun and debauchery. Think "The Hangover" but with a bunch of Midwestern girls taking on the strip instead of Zach Galifianakis and Bradley Cooper. Then, my practical side got to thinking, and I decided it was probably best to not shoot the wad two months before the wedding, and that my friends and I could have just as much fun in Cleveland.


Now, I do not have a clue what we are doing and I think that's best.  It's easier to deny later (wink, wink). I've only been given a loose outline of the evening's events so I can plan my wardrobe changes. But I do know one thing -- if my ladies are planning it, it's going to be one of the best nights of my life.
So come one back and I promise to provides details on the swag, the shenanigans and everything in between.

2 comments: