1.30.2011

Dress Dilemma - Flower Girl Edition

Meet Katelyn.  She's six years old and will be the flower girl at our wedding. I've been perusing a number of websites trying to find the perfect dress, but it's absurd how much they cost.  Just add the prefix "flower girl" to "dress" and you can expect to pay twice, heck even three times as much as any other special occasion outfit.  So I decided to wait and look once the Easter and First Communion dresses hit stores.

Troy and I were shopping with my mom yesterday when we found not one, but two, incredibly cute options for Miss Katelyn.  One is a very traditional look for a flower girl.  The other is different and fun.  As someone who's fairly traditional, I'm torn between which dress Katie should wear.  So I bought them both.


Ivory flower girl dress with pearl accents





This is the other one.
Silver sparkle flower girl dress


What are your thoughts -- silver sparkle or ivory pearl?  I'm sure Katie will love them both -- and since the silver one was only $18 (gotta love an extra 30% off at Dillards!) she can always wear it for the rehearsal or even to play dress up.  Good thing I have 118 days to think it over!

2 comments:

  1. Oh little...my vote is on the second one. The silver one. It looks so grown up and pretty without being a mini 'juniors section'. Although they are both very pretty, the first one is more traditional. I am all about doing it different :)
    Left you a message (hope I still have the right number) call me when you have time, would love to catch up!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Silver sparkle all the way!!!!
    I'm getting married this July and I have two flower girls who will be wearing silver sparkly dresses and they are so excited, sayig the think they will look like fairy princesses.

    ReplyDelete