1.22.2011

Snow Blows

I know, I know.  I should not be surprised by any amount of snow we receive in Northeast Ohio.  Especially since I've lived here all my life.  But last night, the snow got the best of me.  I checked the weather before leaving the office because I was trekking to the far eastside for a hair appointment.  The forecast said a "dusting to three inches."  WHAT A LOAD OF CRAP.

The roads were atrocious, as was visibility.  By the time I made it to my appointment, I was 30 minutes late.  Thankfully, the lovely Nicole at Angel Hair didn't mind.  During the time in the salon, it continued to snow and snow and snow, totally ravaging the roads and making my drive home miserable.

After a cumulative three hours and 45 minutes of drive time, I finally made it home and our driveway is a mess.  Ladies, this is where having a man in the house is a huge bonus.  But since it was just me, I said a little prayer, and gunned it down the driveway, hoping my little wind-up car could make it without getting stuck.  I didn't bother shoveling, cause I figured it would stop soon and it was 10:15 and I was spent.  WRONG.

The driveway had another three inches on it when I walked outside.  Usually, on mornings like this,  Troy would shovel the driveway and drive me to work so I didn't have to deal with slick roads and idiot drivers.  But, being on my own, I was left to my own devices.  I made it down the driveway and to work (only 30 minutes late -- are you seeing a pattern?) and it's now sunny and blue skies.  Of course.  Looks like I'll be hiring a plow service for the rest of the winter!

No comments:

Post a Comment